Tuesday, May 03, 2005

every day is so wonderful (part deux)

I am currently working on making some positive changes in my life. The first one being to open some lines of communication with my roommate and friend Aaron. Lately, we have been kind of cool towards each other—fueled mostly by my egregious inability (and unwillingness) to communicate. But as I know, nothing resolves itself on its own.

Final outcome: Aaron and I both told each other we are willing to make some changes in our roommate relationship and we are going to be more honest with each other in the future. I know it will be a long road (considering that we have some shit to work out), but I am very optimistic about us getting along better in the future.

Which reminds me: people always surprise me. Friends forgive you for being an asshole, and they accept you for you—if you can just give them the chance. So, I would like to give a huge shout-out to my friend (Holla!) and roommate Aaron Hartmann (the guy that lives on the other side of the wall). He likes tanning, golden oreos, and the Cardinals. One time (I sweart to god) He came home trashed and said, "I am drunk as a skunk!" Seriously, who says that? He is awesome. ‘Nough said.

In related news:

Now that just about everyone else knows about it, I think I will inform my ever-adoring blog public. I amdating the most gorgeous man in the world. His name is Craig and, if I were a black woman, I would describe him as my baby-boo. Seriously, he is a really cool guy—and I feel so privileged that he is in my life.

I feel so positive today! I love everyone. I love to dance, dance, dance! I love Jesus, I love America, and I love Cher.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- you are pretty awesome yourself. Glad we finally talked. I'm also glad that you found someone who makes you happy because you definitely deserve it. Good for you, roomie. Oh, and if I had a better memory I would post some of your embarrassing quotes too but I can't think of any good ones at the moment.

Anonymous said...

"I'm so happy you're happy."

-Alan

Ed Grow said...

Aaron-
One time, Nick said, "Butt Sex?"
And I yelled, "That's fabulous!?"
And then we got written up by that chinchilla toting mate-monger that was our CA. Jeez.

I also remember when you quit playing crab you said, "I hate this fucking game, and I am never playing it again." That is pretty fucking funny...I don't care who you are.

Alan-
Did you say it in a caustic Bette Davis voice? Because if we ever got in a sarcasism duel, I would be like, "Bitch. Please." You are no match for me. Oh, by the way fix your fucking comment window for your blog. I had something really funny to say about toilet paper and I plum forgot it.

Anonymous said...

Actually, your exact response to Nick's "butt sex" line was "that's FANTASTIC!" remember?

Ed Grow said...

Aaron-

Haha! You are right. We still have the bottle of fantastic. What a name for an orange-scented cleaner.

Anonymous said...

of course it was in a caustic voice (bitch, please), ie "heppy" for "happy."

my blog awaits your brilliant thoughts on the subject of toilet paper.

-Alan