Sunday, January 29, 2006

Reflections in a jaundiced eye...among others

Absolutely insane week of school/work/frenzied-socializing.

Spent Monday night with Craig, Tuesday night at a Phi Mu Alpha meeting, Wednesday night at Jazz with Callie/Archer/Craig drinking Bermuda triangles, Thursday made it to the Vu and decided against it at the door, Friday went to see East of Eden with Wendy and Craig at the Missouri Theatre.

I spent about 4 hours Saturday morning playing of all things: quiz bowl. I know. I am a nerd. Was on a team with Kristin, Lane and Aaron. Aaron and Kristin were by far the MVPs, but I got some questions: including ones about cars, sumo wrestling, mars, and Andy Jackson. We even won 20 bucks, which was splendtacular.

Later we got Thai and played Trivial Pursuit pop-culture (drinking of course) until I left for Shatterday with Craig, where it has become official: the gaiyes have taken over.

Last semester I was a recluse of sorts, but for a good reason: I don’t have an impetus to seek out human interaction—especially if I am busy. My self-imposed exile from a social life last semester is officially over, but I feel like I am becoming un-misanthrope. And it scares me.

As my diety herself, Florence King, says, “Familiarity doesn't breed contempt, it is contempt.”

No comments: