Wednesday, September 14, 2005

You're maudlin and full of self-pity. You're magnificent!

Recently I have begun to wonder why I am attracted so much to older men/women. Some reasons may be:

I like someone who knows what they want.
Older people, generally speaking of course, interest me more.

But really, I think the reason is I like to be an Eve Harrington of sorts.

Margo: “Lovely speech, Eve. But I wouldn't worry so much about your haht. You can always put that award where your haht ought to be.”

4 comments:

Alexis du Bois said...

...and you've got something I want, Eve.

Ed Grow said...

Very Good Mrs! You *are* my Addison DeWitt.

"That I should want you at all suddenly strikes me as the height of improbability... you're an improbable person, Eve, but so am I. We have that in common. Also a contempt for humanity, an inability to love or be loved, insatiable ambition - and talent. We deserve each other."

Alexis du Bois said...

I feel blessed.

craiger said...

Hmmm, I suppose I am oldER, but I am NOT old! =)