Wednesday, September 14, 2005

You're maudlin and full of self-pity. You're magnificent!

Recently I have begun to wonder why I am attracted so much to older men/women. Some reasons may be:

I like someone who knows what they want.
Older people, generally speaking of course, interest me more.

But really, I think the reason is I like to be an Eve Harrington of sorts.

Margo: “Lovely speech, Eve. But I wouldn't worry so much about your haht. You can always put that award where your haht ought to be.”

6 comments:

"the" Mrs. Astor said...

...and you've got something I want, Eve.

Ed Grow said...

Very Good Mrs! You *are* my Addison DeWitt.

"That I should want you at all suddenly strikes me as the height of improbability... you're an improbable person, Eve, but so am I. We have that in common. Also a contempt for humanity, an inability to love or be loved, insatiable ambition - and talent. We deserve each other."

"the" Mrs. Astor said...

I feel blessed.

Ms Bees Knees said...

I'm sorry. I don't understand Faglish.

Rob Danger said...

I totally get that.
I'm all about older guys, because the idea of an older man liking me would be so validating.
Someone whose been through some shit in their life and actually knows who they are and what they want wanting you is just so sexy I could die.
If an older man so much as sneezed at me I'd be all over it.

craiger said...

Hmmm, I suppose I am oldER, but I am NOT old! =)