Tuesday, February 15, 2005

the darkness hushes wide...

So not much is really going on my life right now; school/work is taking over like a giant tropical strangling vine. But that is normal.

Rachel and I sat outside and ate dinner together on Valentines Day—watching her in the twilight (with her newly dyed Red-As-Franka-Potente-In-Run-Lola-Run hair) made me realize how important she is to me. This is the first time I had actually been in a relationship on February 14. We were both to busy to really talk, just weary of the world.

Things like that make me question what the hell I think I’m accomplishing by wasting my entire youth on school. I could be 28 before I get out of grad school…I don’t know if I can wait that long to start living. Hell, for cavemen, that was more than half of their lifespan.

As far as good news goes, I have several items:
1) I finally joined facebook (and am more than enthralled with the spectacle of it all)
2) My chem lab went ok today
3) I have rediscovered the glory of pre-1990 Madonna (Look around, everywhere you turn is heartache...It's everywhere that you go)

1 comment:

Larn said...

i'm glad your chem lab went ok.. i'm also glad that you had a nice valentines day... mine was, well, ok, lets be real, i'm single, so it kinda sucked =) but what you gonna do, eh? (sidenote: we don't have class today-wednesday-because of some kind of weird conference day thing... so the world decided to go get drunk... and who is the lucky one that got to be on duty tonight? oh yeah, that's me!) ok, i miss you!