Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Show me your bones

Wow, it’s been a while. I’ve been busy. Doing what, you ask?

Ripping up the carpet in my new house, scraping the latex paint off my woodfloors, then sanding them (by hand), staining and polyurethane-ing them. Moving in. Working 40 hours a week while starting my senior year, tutoring at the Learning center, training new rotation students, picking out a recital date (OMG!), and trying to start reviewing for the GRE.

Oh, and getting Mediacom to turn on our internet. How I lament them and their monopolistic/exploitive ways.

The good news is I abso-fucking-lutely love my new house, Rachel, and Me-Ru (my two roommates). Hopefully I’ll post some pictures of my bedroom—decorated in a “natural fiber” motif.

I used the approach developed by Manda and I to buy fireworks to select paint for my room. The walls are “pond-lilly green”—as I told Mandy, “gay-in-a-bottle”. I know Alexis would be proud.

I have to go practice some opera before meeting Craiger and assorted straights at the Coliseum for some well-deserved Bombay Saph. G&Ts.

Ah the pathos!

4 comments:

"the" Mrs. Astor said...

Thank God you are OK. I was about to send a hoard of Tuetonic knights out to find you.

Lily Pond Green; you DO know how to make me melt. (That and the image of you sanding the floor by hand.)
XXX

amanda said...

oh, edward. yet again, working yourself way too hard.

garet and i are hitting the OG again friday night if you'd like to join us. i won't have a canadian with me this time, but i will have details on my boy situation. why are straight men so hard to read?

"the" Mrs. Astor said...

Ed, honey; where are you? The Tuetonic Knights are busy doing Off Broadway, but I will send a squardron of Death's Head Hussars to rescue you when they finish with the extra work on Der Ring des Nibelungen if I have to.

Has Craiger locked you up again?

Ed Grow said...

Alexis-

Just busy selling crack and punching hookers. I checked out your latest updates, OMG. I want a lawn that looks like that. I'm chartreuse with envy. Take that! Loves.

Manda-

I miss the Canadian too. A lot. How much would it take him to move to CoMo? We could swing it. Loves.